Friday, June 27, 2014

Monthly Update

This one will be short, since there's not a lot to update you on based on the past 27 days.  I could officially wait until Monday to do this, and get the actual month completely finished, but I'm sitting here with nothing to do, so here you go.

First of all, if you read my last post you know that the most disappointing thing of my entire calendar year (and potentially my entire cycling career) was the fact that the weather and ALL conditions for the National 24-Hour Challenge were perfect.  Of all the times I signed up, this was the best.  Nothing can compare...

Anyway, let's not dwell on the past.  This week I decided to try my luck on the trainer again, so Nathan hooked me up with my official trainer tire and got the bike set up for me, and as of today I have done three sessions of 25, 25, and 35 minutes.  About seven miles each time.  I can reach the bars with my right arm now, but I know it will not hold me up and I can tell that it is not strong enough for any kind of reaction time as far as brakes and shifting if I were on the road.  My back hurts after that much time, but today (35 min) was better and easier than the first two days this week.  The legs are willing, but the back is weak, to coin a familiar phrase :)

I sneezed yesterday, too...  Have you ever been terrified to sneeze?  I was.  Do you remember the last time you sneezed?  I do.  Sort of.  Basically I know I didn't sneeze at all from May 31 to June 26.  Guaranteed.  And it wasn't too bad, thank goodness!  I definitely felt it, but the ribs held on.

Number stuff:

Weight as of January 1, 2013    226 lbs
Weight as of June 27, 2014       188 lbs
Net loss                                        38 lbs

There was a moment yesterday when the scale read 185, so that was cool.  At this rate I might still make 50 pounds by my 50th birthday in 33 days.  Probably not, but you never know.  I have always found it interesting that my weight can fluctuate 2-3 pounds in a day, though.

I'm planning to try some light outdoor workouts next week and see how it goes, but not on the road bike.  I'll adjust the seat on the Bad Boy and use the upright position and flat bars to my advantage and take a couple easy spins around the block.  (Since the bars are flat, the above-mentioned brakes and shifters are all at the end of my arms/hands instead of around the curve of the bars.)

Like I said, this will be a short one.  And it was.  See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment