Saturday, December 6, 2014

It's Been A While!

Wow.  Almost exactly a month since I have written anything.  Well, that's not exactly true - I have one completed that I won't publish but it felt good to write, as well as started a couple, and one more (about my trip back to the spring crash site) that I'm not quite sure about.  So plenty of effort, but no product to show for it.  Last week I started one about school lunches and Michelle Obama.  I like my ideas, but at the time it felt like too much work!

So here's what's been up lately:
 - The numbers on the scale generally are around 190 pounds, representing a total of 36 pounds off my frame in the last two years.  I would like that number to be higher (or lower, depending on which of the two numbers you're talking about), but I feel good and am not concerned right now about a particular number.  
 - I finished another detox class.  Dana and I actually taught this one, and I think things went pretty well.  We had a few new students and one alumni to the program, and all reported feeling  better as well as losing an average of, I believe, 8 pounds each over the course of the 28 days!
 - I have been riding some since the Iceman race, but kind of took November off.  I did get about 100 miles for the month, so that was good.  The number for the year at this point is 2215 miles on at least four different bikes.  THAT is a number I can get behind.  Had I not broken myself I am certain I'd have cracked the 3K mark.

Today was an unusually beautiful December day, with the sun shining and temps in the mid-40s.  It was also officially Global Fat Bike Day, so a couple of friends and I hit the trails in the Allegan Forest for about 15 miles.  Great time!

It was a great way to end what turned out to be kind of a crappy week at school.  Nothing major, just busy and frustrating.  It started with the Christmas parade, in which the HS band marched in 17 degree weather because I decided the community needed to have the marching band in the parade rather than keep the students warm and their instruments working (seriously - by the end of the parade, less than a mile, the brass instruments were all frozen and unworkable, and the woodwinds literally had icicles forming inside them).  I will not let that happen again!  It ended, though, with getting to spend some quality time after school (and even during at least one class) with some great kids, which always helps me remember that pretty much any other job pales in comparison to mine.


So there you go.  I will re-visit the few drafts I have in the folder, and hopefully finish them all soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment