Sunday, August 31, 2014

Monthly Update

It is SO hard to believe that it's AUGUST 31!!  What happened to June and July?  What happened to 2012??  Time sure flies when you're having fun, as they say.  (Which seems really unfair, by the way.  Time ought to fly when life sucks...)

I realized that my 50th birthday post (was that a month ago?  Seriously??) didn't include any updates as far as progress and such were concerned, and I am sure that all five of you who read this regularly really missed those important stats.  So here they are for August:
  • Weight as of January 1, 2013 -  226 pounds
  • Weight as of August 31, 2014 - 191 pounds
  • Net loss - 35 pounds
  • Bike miles for August - about 275, including a couple MTB runs and one commute to work (the commute went unrecorded mileage-wise, but was around 15 miles)
  • Bike miles for 2014 to date - 1664, which is only about 300 behind all of last year, which is pretty remarkable considering June and July - June was 38 and July was 138 due to my injury and recovery
I keep hovering around the 190 mark; sometimes as low as 188, occasionally up to 193.  I am happy with things right now, but definitely feel as if there's a long way to go.  In reality I would like to lose 20-30 more pounds.  My mid-section is still not where it needs to be.  The shirt stays on for a while longer, but it's definitely fitting better!!

In the coming weeks you should be able to read about my return to "the hill," which was actually planned for today but got canceled.  I've also lined up another student for you to read about - longboarding this time.  Hoping to line up a certain pro cyclist as well...

That's about it.  Unless you count that in two days I start my 28th year of teaching ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW???  and that I have two kids in college since we last talked.  It's all just a blur.  It's been fun, though.  Wish I could remember most of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment