Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Detox Week One

Well, it's Tuesday, and Dana and I started our "Pre-Holiday 28-Day Detox" with Margaux Drake and friends on Sunday.  So that makes this the end of day 3 of 28, and I have to say it's going just fine.  So far.

Day 1 was pretty easy, since Sunday meals are relatively easy to prep and cook (especially if you're Dana, who does all the work...), and we enjoyed a delicious smoothie for breakfast.  Lunch and dinner were also quite good; I continue to be surprised at the list of stuff that is NOT "forbidden:" basically if it's a whole food product, dairy-free, gluten-free, etc., it's OK.  We are trying to stay away from animal products completely, so no meat, either.  Dana even found some awesome bread - made with sprouted grains and somehow no flour/gluten - great texture, flavor, etc.  Made some toast for breakfast along with yesterday's smoothie.

So here I am at the end of Day 3, and while this is not my best bloggish writing work I thought I would put a few thoughts on, um, the screen, I guess, since it's not paper...

I'll be more creative in the future, I promise!  See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you, Keith. It took me years to find out what foods are best to feed my own body, how often to eat them, etc. And what movement (exercise) fits me best. Live YOUR Design, bro'! See you at Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to choosing what foods in the bountiful spread will fit my design. FREEDOM to choose!

    ReplyDelete