Sunday, May 4, 2014

Monthly Update - April 2014

Wow, it's May already.  Hard to believe in a lot of ways, mostly because so far the high temp over the last few weeks has been about 45-50 instead of the usual ten or so degrees warmer.  Also hard to believe because I pretty much misplaced, I don't know, 2008-2010 or so...  How does time go by so fast??  (There's probably some kind of blog thought in that question, since I frequently have beaten myself up over the years thinking things like, "wow, if I had actually started {insert idea here} when I thought about it, I would have {insert result} by now."  (It may surprise you to know that I think about that idea more regarding taking up the bluegrass banjo than weight loss or anything else...)

Anyway, here's the story of April 2014.  NOT a great month as far as healthful food intake, with several instances of actual animal flesh passing my lips.  Yeah, I had a pepperoni pizza or two, and took a friend to Bdubs before he went on a long trip (because that's his favorite place on Earth, and he wouldn't "allow" me to get a salad or veggie burger), and even closed out the month at the breakfast buffet at the Hyatt Regency Chicago (consuming a possibly obscene amount of bacon) while we visited UIC with Erin.  Eggs have become a more regular staple of my diet as well, but that doesn't bother me as much for some reason; possibly because I only eat one or two, and with the meat products I can totally pig out.

So I managed to gain a few pounds on the one hand, but on the other?  The bike mileage has been piling up better than ever; I managed 125 during spring break (in MICHIGAN!), and several more good rides the rest of the month.  So here are some numbers:

Weight as of January 1, 2013 - 226 lbs
Weight as of May 3, 2014 - 195 lbs
Net loss - 31 lbs ("found" a couple that I lost previously...)
Bike mileage for April - 180 (beats last April's 29...)
Total mileage for 2014 to date - 755 (March was a REALLY bad month...)

So there you go.  There have been some great rides over the past few weeks, capped off with a chilly 53-miler to Grand Haven and back yesterday, during which time I climbed Five Mile Hill (never dropping below 8 mph!).  I was hoping for 1000 miles by May 1, but I'll take 750.  As a matter of fact, I should go take a short trip now to spin the legs out - they're a little sore this morning!

See you later.  Here's to a healthier lifestyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment