Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Monthly Update 6.0

It's July the freaking first.  HOW are we half-way through 2013??  The last few months have positively flown by, and it always seems as though I really have nothing to show for it.  I mean, really, what do I do sometimes?  

Well, the month of June saw:
 - An early start (yes, you read that correctly) working ahead for next school year.  Full disclosure - not my idea.  I owe that one to my teacher's aide.  But the band camp stuff was ready to send out before the school year ended.

 - Musical performances with the Holland Symphony and Holland Jazz Orchestras

 - 21 workouts totaling nearly 28 hours of exercise on the bike and in the gym

 - 335 miles on the bike (a bit low, since I had so many days "off")

Weight as of January 1 - 226 lbs
Weight as of July 1 - 216
Net loss of 10 lbs, but up one from June 1st.

This past month I tried totally giving up a few things.  Bread was one.  I LOVE bread.  It doesn't always work for my digestion system, though.  Gave it up for three days and never missed it.  Except for breakfast - I love my toast and bagels, etc.  More on that later.

 Summer has been an easier time to eat good, fresh foods and make better choices.  I don't always make the good choices, but I'm getting better.  Baby steps, as they say...

Saw this on Facebook the other day and thought it would be perfect for a blog post, so I decided to use it right away.  See you in a few days!


No comments:

Post a Comment